Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa barakahtu.
The MIC management at Didsbury Mosque are obligated to follow the measures imposed by the British government to reduce the risk of spread of the virus.
We will continue to open the doors of the mosque and the Qur’an school unless there is guidance from the British government not to do so.
We will continue to sterilise the rugs, ablution sites, and all the contents of the mosque daily, to reduce the possibility of an outbreak amongst worshippers.
We also advise all those over the age of 60 or those with health problems and chronic illnesses to stay away from mosques or any other gatherings during these days.
For all other worshippers who are going to continue coming to the Mosque, you should follow the following instructions:
1. Please stay away from the mosque if you have a temperature or cough.
2. Wash hands with soap or disinfectant when entering the mosque.
3. Avoid handshaking and hugging.
4. If you are to sneeze, use napkins or cover your nose and mouth with your inner arm, avoiding the use of your hands. If you use your hands, then please wash/disinfectant immediately.
5. Reduce the time you stay at the mosque.
6. When chatting with anyone, make sure you have sufficient distance between you two.
7. Bring your own prayer mat to reduce contact between you and the mosque rug.
We also ask all worshippers to pray to Allah SWT to protect our country from this deadly disease. Ameen.
The Didsbury Mosque/MIC management.