Opening hours of Shari’a Department
Monday to Thursday 10 am to 3 pm, Friday: 2 pm to 3 pm
The most important services provided by the Sharia department include:
- Issuing Fatwas
- Issues related to the Muslim Family’s affairs in Britain.
- Performing marriage contracts and sermons.
- Arranging Islamic power of attorney contracts relating to marriages.
- Issuing divorce certificates on behalf of the husband.
- Issuing Khul’ certificates.
- Issuing confirmation of Islam certificates for new Muslims.
- Solving family disputes:
* Issuing divorce resolutions in the following cases
- Domestic abuse from the husband.
- Irreconcilable disputes between husband and wife.
- Abandonment of the wife by the husband.
- Sexual problems.* Issuing Khul’ resolutions by the head of The Sharia Department in cases of the husband’s refusal.
- Advice and consultations:
– Providing Sharia consultations regarding family disputes.
– Providing courses in family relations in Islam.
3. Other issues regarding general personal affairs:
- Providing assistance writing Sharia compliant wills.
- Distribution of inheritance according to Sharia.
4. The calculation of Zakat.
5. Financial Transactions:
- Providing consultation and advice in financial disputes.
- Devising commercial contracts compliant with Sharia.
- Sharia adjudication in financial disputes.
6. Mediation between the different sections of the Muslim community in Great Britain.
7. Intervention to solve and assist with problems regarding child abscondance.